Cracks in walls are a common source of worry for homeowners. A professionally qualified structural engineer can help deal with cracks in your house, by figuring out the extent of the problem and devising a solution.


The following factsheets explain when to talk to a structural engineer and how they can improve your project.

Find an Engineer

Search for structural engineers across the UK using our database. Only firms with at least one member of The Institution of Structural Engineers are included, ensuring that you are put in touch with a trustworthy professional.